Royal Lane Baptist Church is an inclusive, multi-generational community of believers in God as revealed in Jesus Christ. We believe in the inspiration of scripture, the equality of all persons, unity in diversity, and the priesthood of all believers. In communion with and through the power of the Holy Spirit, we follow the way of Christ and share the good news through worship, education, missions, and ministries.
We are a vibrant welcoming and affirming mosaic of ethnicities, racial identities, sexual orientations, and socioeconomics. We affirm the sacredness, dignity, and equality of every person.
Royal Lane is a progressive and autonomous Baptist church valuing the freedom to minister alongside other groups, both Christian and non-Christian.
A Pastor’s Welcome
Opportunities for Advocacy
What's Happening at RLBC
Sermon – March 19, 2017
“The Soul Whisperer”
Rev. Dr. Michael L. Gregg
March 19, 2017
Click on link: The Soul Whisperer to download or print sermon or select “read more” to read online.
The cold winter morning was biting.
Bruce & Anna Marie Lowe Scholarship Application
Scholarship Application 2017
Application Process and Rules:
- This scholarship of a minimum of $500 is open to candidates who consider themselves “children of Royal Lane Baptist Church” and is only to be used for undergraduate studies. Current high school seniors or present undergraduate students are eligible to complete an application.
- A person may only receive this scholarship one time.
- Applicants must be enrolled in, received admittance to, or have an application pending at an accredited educational institution beyond the high school level prior to the award date.
- The scholarship must be used during the 2017-18 academic year.
- The application due date is April 9. Applicants will then be contacted to schedule an interview with the scholarship committee.
The Royal Story
Laurence and Janet Schultz
In 1979, Laurence moved to Dallas from our hometown in Michigan to attend SMU. RLBC had posted an employment ad in the Dallas Morning News for a SMU student to work at the church. Laurence applied for this position and thus our union with RLBC began. After working at RLBC for a few weeks, Lane Smith invited Laurence to attend service and then to join the church. Read More…