Welcome to Royal Lane Baptist Church
I am glad you have taken a few minutes out of your day to look around and learn more about this truly unique family of faith in Dallas. I am new to Royal Lane as you might be too. I hope you discover for yourself, like I have, the many reasons this church feels like home as you step through the doors and get to know our loving and genuine community. I’m convinced that Royal Lane is a place where you will want to remain.
The Gospel of John tells of the importance of our connection to Jesus and the positive presence we can have in the world as we journey together with God’s spirit. The word to describe this connection to Jesus and the world is “abide.” When we find passionate people who care about changing and improving our communities and cities, we want to remain with them and stay in their presence.
As the people of Royal Lane worship with music and art, we remain in the comfort of God; as we serve faithfully in Dallas, we remain in the power of the Spirit; and as we care for one another in hope and healing, we remain in the love of Christ. My desire is for you to feel the warm welcome of a radically inclusive church where you might eventually want to stay and abide. Come as you are and be known as you are.
Our website will only give you a glimpse of Royal Lane Baptist Church. To fully get to know us, I’d ask that you would join us for a worship service, a relaxed gathering, or a Sunday morning class in order to share time and abide with our wonderful folks. Explore the website, then come visit. We’d love to meet you, know you, and walk beside you as we journey together with Christ.
- Rev. Dr. Michael L. Gregg
Who to Expect
Royal Lane Baptist Church is a vibrant welcoming and affirming mosaic of ethnicities, racial identities, sexual orientations, and socioeconomics. We affirm the sacredness, dignity, and equality of every person.
What We Believe
Royal Lane is a progressive and autonomous Baptist church valuing the freedom to minister alongside other groups, both Christian and non-Christian.
We commit ourselves to:
- Worship that challenges the mind, stirs the heart, and lifts the spirit within the context of music, art, and liturgy.
- Christian education that is relevant, innovative, and based on thoughtful biblical information.
- Love one another as God loves us. We put this love into action through missions and ministries in our church, our community, and our world.
- A proclamation of the Christian faith that is responsible and free, socially concerned, and relevant to our needs as a caring and inclusive fellowship in today’s society.
Need more information about Royal Lane Baptist Church? Please feel free to contact us with your questions or comments.